C.C.Cole

C.C.Cole
author C.C.Cole's blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The House

Game of Thrones "Jacqen H'gar"





Fan fun with Game of Thrones character meeting the lead character in the Gastar novellas.

Shevata walked around with amazement in the huge building known as the House of Black and White.  For a place of such mystery, it wasn’t really guarded and had almost nothing inside.  No furniture, no rooms set up for eating, bedrooms, and sparse areas for bathing and the sleep areas looked more like a barracks.  After taking a short self-guided tour, she nodded with satisfaction.  Zermon will like this place. A voice rose behind her.
“A girl visiting the Many Faced God?”  A striking man with hazel eyes seemed to glare through her. 
“No, just looking around.”
He smiled.  “A girl is not a girl at all.  A girl pretends to be a girl but is something else altogether.”
Shevata winced, concerned he could read her mind.  “It doesn’t matter what I am.  All that matters is who’s coming here.”
“A girl that’s not a girl brings the God of Death to the House of Black and White.” 
“Don’t call him that.  He hates being compared to that god.”
“Yet death comes.”
“Yes.  He brings lots of death wherever he goes.”
“So what is your part?  You help him?”
“I help him because if I didn’t, he’d do worse, trust me, I know.”
“When will he be here?”
“I summoned him.  Which means either in the next five minutes or five years.”  She walked to the wall of faces.  “They look the same to me.” 
He laughed.  “Of course they look the same to you.”
“Why?”
“You’re not human, just an immortal pretending to be a girl.”
“And what does that make you?”  She felt a sting in her neck, then pulled out a dart and threw it on the floor.  “Stop with the poison darts!”
He shrugged.  “It doesn’t hurt to try.” 
“Do you wish so much to kill me?”  She pulled out her golden jeweled dagger and presented it to him.  “Use mine.” 
He started to touch it and withdrew his hand.  “A girl wields a powerful weapon.  I don’t think so.”  She put it away.
“Would you prefer to make a deal with me, or my companion Zermon?”
“That’s an ill choice, but you, I suppose.”
“Can you find me a building like this one, open on the inside and empty?”
He thought for a moment.  “I can probably do that.”
“Good.  Let’s get it cleared out so we can get him set up there.  Hurry though.  If for once he’s ever on time, this place will no longer exist.  Firepits to hell will fill these floors.”
“A girl gave me a warning, then?”
Shevata smiled.  “A girl pretending to be a girl, right?”


No comments:

Post a Comment